[vdr] Re: Boot Menu

Bernhard Ritter schrieb:

> I am wondering if there is a possibility to create a bootmenu which let
> the user choose what type of vdr should be startet at system startup.
> Something like that
>
> --- snip
> 1. VDR 1.03
> 2. Vdr 1.04
> 3. VDR 1.04aio
> 4. VDR with extended patch
>
> default 1
> --- snap
>
> This menu should be visible on screen before vdr starts to let the the
> user make a choice with the remotecontrol ...
>
> Did somebody know such a thing or is it never implemented before ?

No Problem with Lilo. Create some boot-images in /etc/lilo.conf. (all of
them can all use the same kernel)

For example a earlier system fro me:

---------------  /etc/lilo.conf  --------------

boot=/dev/discs/disc0/disc
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=20
lba32
compact
menu-title=" Video Disk Recorder Boot-Menu"

image=/boot/bzImage
	label = normal
	append = "root=/dev/discs/disc0/part1"
	read-write

image=/boot/bzImage_old
	label = old_kernel
	append = "root=/dev/discs/disc0/part1"
	read-write

image=/boot/bzImage
	label = no_dvb
	append = "root=/dev/discs/disc0/part1"
	read-write

The image which was selected at boot time is stored in the environiment
variable $BOOT_IMAGE. So you can take your decisions in a script:

#!/bin/sh

if [ $BOOT_IMAGE = "no_dvb" ]
then
     /bin/sh