[vdr] Re: Boot Menu

Alfred Zastrow wrote:

> Bernhard Ritter schrieb:
>

> > I am wondering if there is a possibility to create a
> bootmenu which let
> > the user choose what type of vdr should be startet at
> system startup.
> > Something like that
> >
> > --- snip
> > 1. VDR 1.03
> > 2. Vdr 1.04
> > 3. VDR 1.04aio
> > 4. VDR with extended patch
> >
> > default 1
> > --- snap
> >
> > This menu should be visible on screen before vdr starts to
> let the the
> > user make a choice with the remotecontrol ...
> >
> > Did somebody know such a thing or is it never implemented before ?
>

> No Problem with Lilo. Create some boot-images in
> /etc/lilo.conf. (all of
> them can all use the same kernel)

It seems you didn't read his mail at all, he wants an on-screen menu (i
suppose on-tv) which can be controlled via remote control.

@Bernhard:
What comes to my mind is some kind of an )§/$§=()$%/ solution but should
work:
compile a stable vdr version such as 1.0.0 and set up commands.conf for
this version, that holds scripts that kill the running 1.0.0 and start
the apropriate version.
Then you could modify your boot scripts to svdrpsend:
"""
hitk Menu
hitk 8 (or whatever Commands is)
hitk OK
"""

then you would initially see the commands menu with your entrys to
choose the version.

Cu Ulrich

Home | Main Index | Thread Index