[vdr] Re: looping mails

Carsten Koch wrote:

>I'd hate to have a forum.
>To me the difference between a forum and a mailing list
>is like the difference between getting your newspaper
>delivered to your mailbox and having to drive to the
>shop to buy it.

>I'd vote for keeping the mailing list but fixing it,
>so it cannot post the same text twice.

That's not correct.  It depends on the forum software but new posted
messages can also be automaticly forwarded to a member IF he/she
Selected that option upon subscribing to the forum.

So it's up to the member to receive the messages or not.
And : You don't have the problem of multiple mails there.

Another advantage of a forum is that it's fully threaded.
So every message is placed under it's appropriate section.

And... if somone messed it up then it's up to the managers of the forum
To decide to move the wrong placed messages, send the user a warning
Or if it get's out of hand, remove the member.

Go for the forum.

Stefaan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index