[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Horizontal channels again

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:24:26 +0200, Emil Naepflein wrote:

>> Ok some good news first... My LNB is ok. I've tested it with a
>> digi-receiver of a friend. Everything is fine... At the moment I'm
>> reinstalling the whole vdr-box... maybe this helps...
>I had similar problems with two cards (one failed totally the other had
>the problem at horizontl channels) and accounted it to a thunder storm
We had a thunderstorm, too. But that was 2 weeks ago.
My cards do work. I put them into my windows machine, et voilą.

>we had some days ago, which also killed one monitor and telefon
>equipment of the neighbors. After replacing the two cards with new ones
>everything works fine. I see on one of the cards that a capacitor has
>died, the other card looks fine.

>One other reason for the problem may be the high temperatures we had
>last week. I npow installed some extra fans for cooling on top of the
>cards.
I had some blocky pictures at the beginning of last week when we had 38
degrees. My cards are cooled but when I opened the cupboard where the
machine is installed really hot air was coming out. I left the door
open the next week and within 5 minutes the temp inside dropped to
"normal" levels. picture was clear again...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index