[vdr] Nova-t and dxr3

Hi!

I'm quite new to dvb-stuff, so some of my questions may sound a bit
silly..

How can I compile VDR and DVB-driver so that I can use Hauppauge Nova-T
card for receiving the signal and the Dxr3 mpeg decoder card for viewing
it?

I've tried to compile the dvb-driver (downloaded couple days ago from
Klaus web page). It compiles ok, no errors. But when I say 'make insmod'
in the driver directory, I get unresolved symbols in dvb_net.o:
dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol netif_rx_Rde089cc1
dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol alloc_skb_R7d5c31c3
dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol skb_over_panic_Ra9e3bb6e

It also complains that it cannot find i2c-core and videodev modules.
I2c-core works because its compiled in the kernel, not as module. And
videodev should also be in kernel, but I'm not quite sure what it needs
from the kernel config. I use kernel 2.4.17 and the system is Debian
Woody.

After those complains 'make insmod' cannot load dvb.o because dvb_net.o
isn't loaded and it causes again unresolved symbols..

What should I do to get that dvb_net.o to compile/load ok?
I'm using gcc 2.95.4

After that, what do I need to do to Vdr to make it use this nova card and
dxr3?

I'm planning implementing osd over dxr3 if I can rip it out of Xine easily
enough. I believe that Xine supports osd (and subtitles) on dxr3..
If somebody knows that it doesn't, please let me know.

The dxr3 works fine, I can play videos through it with Mplayer. Only
problem with Mplayer is, that it doesn't support subtitles (and osd)..
So, no finnish subtitles in dvds.. :(

I hope somebedy can help me out.

  Marko Myllymaa

Home | Main Index | Thread Index