[vdr] Re: Announce: DVBVideoLAN

> > When do you think you approximately have time to implement this feature?
> > (It's the only missing to build a low-budget-only-server ...)
> I don't really know that right now. I'm very busy @work and with my
> diploma thesis. @the moment, I'm thinking about a windows-client with a
> built in mpeg2demuxer and decoder. I don't trust the direct show
> caboodle any more.

Remember: all dual screen videocards use directx to export the video to an
extern tv set. If you skip the directx technologies user won't be able to
watch the program on something other than the computer monitor (that's my
knowledge). Would be very pitty.
But an all-in-one player program as you described above would be a fine
thing.
Have much success in your diploma thesis.

Juergen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index