[vdr] Re: vdr Restarting Tool (cron Job + Perl)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karsten Müller" <kmu@ratio.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: vdr Restarting Tool (cron Job + Perl)

On Monday 01 July 2002 09:55, Bernhard Ritter wrote:
> [...]
[...]

> Have you seen the runvdr script in the Distribution. It starts VDR
> immidiately after it has crashed. It fails only If VDR hungs. Is there a
> chance to figure out if the VDR is running but not working properly.
>
> BR

Maybe one could telnet to port 2001 on localhost. If there is no reaction
within a certain time limit, it's most likely that vdr is gone.

- --

I am wondering if this tool (might be a perl script) already exists. Does
anybody know one ?
Otherwise i have to start my brain for a coding session.

best regards

BR

Home | Main Index | Thread Index