[vdr] Re: vdr Restarting Tool (cron Job + Perl)

I wonder why this is such a big deal and why perl is required.
On my machine, the following one-liner (from the tcsh prompt)
works:

if ( `ps -e | fgrep vdr | wc -l` > = 6 ) echo vdr running.

One could even extend that and use it to determine if vdr is
busy recording or cutting something:

if ( `ps -e | fgrep vdr | wc -l` > = 7 ) echo vdr busy.

So, for your current problem, I guess all you need is a

if ( `ps -e | fgrep vdr | wc -l` < 6 ) "command that restarts vdr on your machine"

Carsten.

Bernhard Ritter wrote:

> [...]

Home | Main Index | Thread Index