[vdr] Re: vdr Restarting Tool (cron Job + Perl)

This does not catch all cases of VDR crashes. On my machine,
vdr very often just hangs (since upgrading to 1.0.3, does 1.0.4
fix this ?). It does not accept any more input from my remote
nor keyboard.  It then also consumes all CPU time it can get
it's "hands" on.  In such a case the only help is "hard kicking"
(killall -9 vdr ) all running VDRs, reload the drivers, and then
restart VDR.

Your script just would "think" everything's fine in such cases...

JM2C

--
with best regards
--