[vdr] tosvcd 0.6

Hello Werner,

I have a question regarding the actual and following versions of the very
usefull tool tosvcd.

Until last week I used the version 0.1 and it works really good for me.
Because of updating my OS to SUSE 8.0 (xfs... etc) I updated also all my VDR
software including all the patches. I have done this with the help of bashys
scripts (this is really a big help to get everything from a single point,
thank you bashy). So I have installed also your 0.6 version. But what I miss
now is the possibility to controll by my self where the SVCD starts now and
stops. Klaus has included the possibility to cut the video and keep these
files on cutmark boundaries. But with your programm it is only possible now
to merge all files again up to the cd limit. Is it possible to have an
option for the next release to keep the CD Images seperated according to the
cutmarks/VDR-files and not only according to the CD limit?

I like to change CDs on a real scene change and not during a sentence/dialog
in the movie. Normaly I take the chance of changing the CD to grab a new
beer or get a new bag of chips also and than I forget the first part of a
sentence.

Here is a whishlist for other features which could be included in new
versions:

-   starting the next CD not exactly where the CD before stops but some
(configurable seconds/frames before)
-   including a defined opener or trailer file
(intro.mpeg,00x.mpeg,outro.mpeg)
-   include a title picture with some configurable text (maybe the movie
title) and a background picture like a menu page
-   bashy has done some first steps to have a better integration into the
VDR menu. I like this Idea.
-   ... etc ...

I have now about 150 movies translated with your programm and I think, you
have done a great work! But in the meantime I will switch back to the
version 0.1

Thankx
Manfred

-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------