[vdr] Re: Alphacrpyt- or Irdeto-Module

Am Sam, 2002-07-06 um 19.56 schrieb Dieter Poesl:

> after spending some hours in internet to get information about these
> modules I'm totally confused.

Just have a look at http://www.linux-dvb.tv/documentation/cim.html, all
modules known to [not] work are listed there.

> Some wrote that alphacrypt won't work. Others wrote it's working with an
> patched dvb-driver and not with Siemens-cards.

The AlphaCrypt only works with the patched driver available at
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/. But the driver only provides limited OSD
functionality, so it's not suitable for everyday use.

> Irdeto should work, but witch version? About this i read also different
> things ...

As far as I know all Irdeto CIMs should work, but if you want to decrypt
Premiere, you need a patched Irdeto CIM, aka Irdeto Allcam, which is not
legally available anymore. The Irdeto CIM can only decrypt Irdeto, the
Allcam can decrypt Irdeto and Betycrypt (used by Premiere).

Regards,
hh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index