[vdr] Re: SF2 / multi-audio recording: problem with SRG

>is anyone on the list who gets SF2 ?

Yes. SF1/SF2/TSIx/TSR has one great feature: They broadcast a lot of
movies and series in two languages (D/F/I and original, mostly E).
But there is one little problem when receiving/playing back these
with VDR not over a tv with 2 channel sound selection:

With Viaccess CAM and the six channels of swiss television SRG I can
record both audio PIDs. The problem is that SRG uses the first PID
for german sound, on the second PID on one channel (left or right)
they broadcast original sound in mono and on the other channel again
german sound in mono. So I can't listen to recordings unless I plug
out one audio connector on my amplifier. Would it be possible to
implement a selection of the playback channel (which should then be
played over the left and right channel) in VDR? I don't know if other
TV stations use this stupid system, but for all VDR users in
Switzerland this would be a great improvement (for example SF1 is
broadcasting "The Sopranos" D/E).

Maybe Klaus or another list reader capable of programing could
implement this in VDR...?

Regards, Dany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index