[vdr] Feature request on streaming patch

    I think that it will be nice to make the VDR not only to send a rtp
stream but to receive one and play it on a full featured card TV out.

Motivation :

    My VDR machine , like the ones of many others I presume ( mine is a
300a celeron) , has no enough brain power to play divx over dvb with
mplayer. Since is more comfortable to watch a movie on a TV set than on
the monitor, even on 19'' monitor,  I think that on other most powerful
machine on my LAN I'll do the transcoding from divx to mpeg2 and send
the data by rtp and watch the stream on TV over VDR .

    Wouldn't be nice like that ? With subtitles too..... :-)

Paul

Home | Main Index | Thread Index