[vdr] Re: Minimum requirements for VDR

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Michael Langer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use a similar system except that my CPU is a PII@150MHz.
>
> With the Haupauge DVB-S all is fine, but after installing the Nova the
> infrared control (lircd with serial receiver) starts to work inaccurate.
> If the computer record a channel with the Nova it is nearly impossible
> to control the computer with the remote control. So may be you want to
> add an external remote receiver to you list.

What do you mean with external remote receiver? I have now receiver for
dxr3 card and that plugs to serial port. Can I use that or should I use
the one that comes with the Nexus card?

Somebody have complained that the Nexus remote has too few buttons. Does
anybody know if the Sigma Designs remote (for dxr3) has enough? I don't
remember now how many buttons there is.. :(

Another question has come to my mind:
Is the Nexus-S good card? Or should I try to find older DVB-S card? If so,
which version is good, 1.3, 1,6 or 2.1?

What are the differences between Nexus and the other cards? What I know is
that Nexus doesn't have RGB-out and at least 2.1 has it. Any other? About
heat production, system requirements or compatability problems..

Thanks about info. And thanks to those also who answered by private mail.
It seems that slowest computer that runs vdr is P100 with 24MB memory..

  :) Marko

--
Marko Myllymaa     | home: 09-547 1907, 044-371 6464 work: 09-451 5855
Kilonrinne 10 A 14 | myllymaa@iki.fi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index