[vdr] Re: Speed up the opening of Recordingsmenu ?

Hi Axel,

> I´m sure - not everyone have such a big bird as I :-)
>
> But with near 1TB Harddrive-Space for VDR the opening
> of the Recordings-Menü takes extremly long.

I have only 500 GB (7x80 GB). ;-)

>  13-20 Sec with no Recordings or Replay at the network
>  >25 sec if there are recordings or replays in the VDR
>    Network
>
> (4 Users)

Here it takes abaout 2-5 s.

> Does anyone have a idea, or a patch to speed up the opening ?
>
> I think the Problem is the FIND-Command in VDR wich search
> for 001.vdr files in all /videoX Devices and wich is following
> the symbolic-Links to all harddrives.... (so i think)

As far as I can remember you had already a solution by reading the list
from a file and updating this file regularly.

As you know I have replaced the FIND command by ls which doesn't follow
the symbolic links for the files and I am very happy with it. Only when
3 recordings are running concurrently I get a delay of about 5 s.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index