[vdr] Re: Shutdown does not always...

Ewald Maier wrote:

>what can it be if the shutdown does not always do right?
>If I push at shutdown the message  "Taste drücken um shutdown
>abzubrechen" comes and most of the time the computer shuts off but not
>always! Sometimes I have to make it 6 times..
>(with the automatic shutdown it is sometimes the same)
>in /var/log/warn stands
>vdr nvram-wakeup[2013]: RTC_DATE (0x7F) is beyond the end of nvram

I guess, you have a mainboard, which stores
the RTC above the address range that is supported
by default by the nvram driver in the kernel.

Have a look at nvram-wakup-mb.h:

 * RTC_DATE       = (0x00|...|0x71|0x7F), default: undefined
 *      similar to ADDR_DATE, but it  is  stored  in  BCD and doesn't
affect the
 *      checksum. in  most cases, it is stored in the RTC register D
(0x7F), but
 *      there are  also  some  boards,  which  store  it somewhere  in
the nvram
 *      (address <= 0x71)
 *      If RTC_DATE is >= 0x72, you will need a kernel patch:
 *      in <kernel-src>/drivers/char/nvram.c change the line
 *          #define NVRAM_BYTES 128-RTC_FIRST_BYTE
 *          #define NVRAM_BYTES 128

Thus you have to patch the kernel source and rebuild.
Worked fine for me with an Asus P3B board.

--
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index