[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: vdr / change MaxVideoFileSize > 2000MB

> I can't imagine where that would come from.
> When VDR switches from one file to the next, it simply writes
> the last byte
> of the first file, closes it, and then writes the next byte
> to the next file.
> So if you 'cat' the files together, it should be no different
> than writing
> one large file.
>
> Actually, when testing this during development, I had it
> running with very small
> file size limits, so a recording of some 5 minutes produced
> like 30 separate
> files. When replaying them I couldn't observe any problems.

no, vdr has no problem. i think its related to the fact that the end and start of the files is a open GOP and pvastrumento "fix" the problem, so after putting them together its not "consistent"
thats the reason why i will try to use cat (copy them together in binary mode)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index