[vdr] Re: Re : VDR files to vob

Am Son, 2002-07-14 um 15.51 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:
> >
> > ..
> > The DVB does, but with other players (MPlayer, M$ MediaPlayer with
> > Elecard Plugin) you have green distortions at the beginning of EACH
> > VDR-file. Maybe it's the A/V-delay in PES-streams. What contradicts to
> > switch VDR to PS, which can be handled by nearly any player?
>
> Well, PES works fine with the DVB cards, so I didn't see the need to
> do anything additional.
>
> As far as I understand this, a PS consists mainly of PES, with some
> additional packets containing some more information for the decoder.
> If you can send me a patch that adds this to VDR, and if files created that
> way can still be replayed over the DVB cards (without any changes, meaning
> it must not matter whether the file has been recorded as PES or PS),
> I might consider changing this.
>
> However, since the DVB cards can easily replay PES, I wonder why other
> players can't...

A/V-PES is a proprietary format of the DVB-cards. So they can easily
replay ... Other players simply don't understand that proprietary
PES-format, as it usually isn't used in any applications.

As far as I know, DVD-VOBs are PS, working with VDR and genindex. So it
shouldn't be a problem to replay it. I don't know much about
PS/PES-format, but if I remind well you're right with the additional
packets.

What I can remind, PS has additional information for syncing A/V, so
it's easier for the player to keep in sync.

It would also be a step to DVD-recording.

Does VDR use a own TS2PES-remuxer or do you use the one in the
DVB-driver? Then you could switch to the PS-remuxer in the driver.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of TS/PS/PES could give a comment or
create a patch?

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index