[vdr] Re: Re : VDR files to vob

Andreas Schultz wrote:
> vdr uses PES
> dvd's use PS

what do SVCDs use?

However, all MPEG2 player software all over the world is tested with DVDs
or SVCDs, because that's what MPEG2 player software is primarily for.
So, no wonder many players no not work right with PES files.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> VDR doesn't use A/V_PES. It did so in earlier versions, but since version
> 0.70 it saves files in PES, which AFAIK is not proprietary. Every player
> should be able to replay these files.

I agree, it *should* do it.
But if I understand Rene right, it *does not* do it.

Would it not be very convenient to be able to use the tons of software
that exist to process DVD *.vob files also for VDR 0*.vdr files?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index