[vdr] Re: timeshifting without a second DVB-board

Hello Sergej,

> > I  found  out  that  a  simple  timeshifting can be realised during an
> > actual   recording   by   opening   the  *.vdr-file  during  recording
> > simultaniously in the mplayer.
>
> where does the output go? to the monitor?

Yes, thats right. Because by now, I was focussed to make everything using the
PC-Monitor in relation with kvdr. (Thats because my satellite dish is right
beneath my working room ;-)).

> I  think,  most of us want to see the output on the tv-out of the dvb card
> and  not on the monitor. IIRC, the memory of the DVB card is not enough to
> do recording and displaying of something different at the same time.

O.k, now I understand the need of the second card. I thought there were some
principal difficulties viewing both (the stream during recording and the
recorded stream).

Thanks for your information

    Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index