[vdr] DVD not smooth

Hi,

I have susccesfully completed a vdr instalation and everything is working quite well except DVD playing.
With many DVDs, I get slow playback with one or two bars and ramdom squares usualy at the lower half of screen.
Sometimes, when I jump betwen chapters, one of them suddenly starts playing poperly.
Others DVD always work well (mainly music DVDs: Pink Floid-The wall, Eagles-Hell freezes over)
I suspect that the failing discs are DVD9, but I am not completly sure. Is there any way to check this?

My system is:
Mandrake 8.2
kernel 2.4.18
Recompiled the kernel w/o ide-scsi support
devfs disabled
Checked for no irq conflicts at /proc/pci
Checked with diferent diferent drivers (actually using 0.9.4-2002-05-20)
write permissions at /dev/cdrom
DMA enabled
Checked with three diferent drives: Pioneer A03S, Hitachi GD2500 and LG GDR-8160B
Compiled with only REMOTE=LIRC and DVD=1 did not work
libdvdcss and libdvdread from "dvdinstall" from basy´s page
vdr-1.0.4
AIO-08-07

Any idea?

Thanks.