[vdr] Re: Quality Of VDR - DVD w/ AC-3 Out

> Same here, no difference between my APEX AD-600, PS2 or VDR machine
> (on a sony
> 29" 4:3 tv set).
>
> > There's no difference between playing DVDs with my VDR and either my
> > Pioneer DVD-Player or my Yamakawa 860 DVD-Player.

What about the time for starting the DVD playback on the VDR machine?

I have a Samsung SD-616 DVD-drive in a Celeron 700 system and after
inserting the DVD and selecting DVD in VDR's menu, it takes about 45 seconds
before i can watch the intro. I always thought this was caused by handling
(cracking) the CSS scrambling of the DVD and is normal behaviour. If this is
right, it may be more convenient to play the DVDs with a standalone player.

bye, Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index