[vdr] Minimum speed for Mplayer (was: Mplayer is not running)

Hello Mario,

> You can't compare this. Mplayer is converting the avi file to
> mpeg on the fly. With Windows you are playing the avi file.
Sure, this has to be done by watching via a DVB card, but what
about watching via an ordinary vga card with TV out?
I think it is cheaper to change the vga card than to change the
whole pc. As far as I understand mplayer it is just a matter of
changing a view options to redirect the output to the vga card.

> When I remember it right, a >1GHz cpu is recommended for this
> job. I have a 700MHz Athlon classic, which seems to be the lower
> limit, as it is not completely smooth.
The maximum cpu for my board is a 550MHz PII :-( So it is too slow.

Maybe someone else could confirm the needed minimum speed for
a vdr/mplayer combination.

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index