[vdr] Re: Mplayer is not running

At 17:08 21.07.2002, you wrote:
>on this machine I used it with windows. I never had any problems with
>viewing
>divx or something like that. But now I only get about 5-10 frames a
>second.
>I use the original settings of the bashy script.
>Is my cpu to slow? Is there some kind of fine tuning possible? What cpu
>is needed for divx viewing with an full featured DVB-card rev 1.3?

You can't compare this. Mplayer is converting the avi file to mpeg on the
fly. With Windows you are playing the avi file.

When I remember it right, a >1GHz cpu is recommended for this job. I have a
700MHz Athlon classic, which seems to be the lower limit, as it is not
completely smooth.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index