[vdr] Re: AW: overscan area

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> a.schinkel@vosschemie.de wrote:
> > this depends on how the tv-set is adjusted, even if there is a
> > specification,
> > they are so pretty different.
> >
> > the only good idea is to keep it variable with a config-option
>
> ok I'll implement variable border adjustment
That's ok, but I don't think that this depends (only) on TV set
adjustment. I've got a 16:9 set, so when viewing 4:3 material (as with
DvbPic - it would be nice to be able to select 16:9 sometimes :)),
left and right borders are not hidden - and there are no parts missing
on the left and right margins when viewing video, I think.
Top and bottom are on the edge of visible region, but quite exact.
Aspect ratio is wrong also, which indicates missing horizontal parts, too.

Lutz
--
  _              |  Lutz Pressler          |  Tel: ++49-551-3700002
 |_     |\ |     |  Service Network GmbH   |  FAX: ++49-551-3700009

Home | Main Index | Thread Index