[vdr] Re: AW: overscan area

Lutz Pressler wrote:

> That's ok, but I don't think that this depends (only) on TV set
> adjustment. I've got a 16:9 set, so when viewing 4:3 material (as with
> DvbPic - it would be nice to be able to select 16:9 sometimes :)),

I have to investigate, how to put the dvb card in 16:9 mode and how to
deal with it

> left and right borders are not hidden - and there are no parts missing
> on the left and right margins when viewing video, I think.

*there are*, try with xawtv, as I already wrote, you'll enjoy a much
bigger area.

> Top and bottom are on the edge of visible region, but quite exact.
> Aspect ratio is wrong also, which indicates missing horizontal parts, too.

wait - if you watch on a 16:9 set the image is stretched, but this has
nothing to do with this problem, for now.

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index