[vdr] Re: DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 20:41, Peter Dittmann wrote:

[...]

> Hi Andreas,
>
> just a small story from commercial business (I'm working with Philips's
> source code of the DVD home players):
>
> We also have up/down/left/right rerouted to playback functions
> (pause/slow/backward/forward in our case as long no menu is up)
> And now guess what ?
> The DVD logo certification lab is complaining about it ;-)
>
> Anyhow using the real cursor keys would work with some people (like me)
> that use remotes with more keys (I use OneForAll Signature 7040)
> In a DVD menu maybe skipping (green/yellow key) would do the job of
> skipping the intros/copyright junk...

The DVD logo certification lab would certianly complain about that ;-)

> regards	peter
>

> P.S. a small hint: comercial code is an even bigger, more expensive heap of
> sh.......

*g*

> P.P.S.
> What's realy missing in VDR/DVD is the PseudoPAL output for NTSC disc's
> using a PAL60 mode...

Not possible with DVB cards. They can only do PAL and NTSC, PAL60 is not
possible :-(

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index