[vdr] Re: Reference RC (was DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5)

> The current implementation of the LIRC interface in VDR assumes that
> LIRC sends names that are defined within VDR. I guess this could be
> easily changed so that it uses a 'keys-lirc.conf' file. That would
> allow a LIRC user to simply set up his remote with the standard LIRC
> config file(s) and go into VDR's "Learning keys" function, just as
> with my home-built RCU or the PC keyboard. I guess I'll make that
> change as soon as possible.

thx.

maybe you could throw an easy helpscreen on it to translate vdr
functions to key-names like

<MYMENUKEY>	Menü
<MYREDKEY>	Funktionstaste "Rot"

. for example my sony system-remote would have been:
D.SKIP	Menü
FREW		Funktionstaste "Rot"
FFWD		Funktionstaste "Grün"

maybe you could show that screen for some seconds as OSD at vdr
start.

wbr.tja...

--
thomas jagoditsch