[vdr] Re: ] Re: new version of the image viewer

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 22:16, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Dariush Forouher wrote:
>
> > 1024x768,24bpp JPEG. I'll send it to you if you want.
>
> ok perfect, thank you
Here it comes, this image causes DvbPic to segfault and leaves the dvb
driver in an unusable state till the next reboot (driver can't be
unloaded).
(Has the driver perhaps a "content managment system? ;)

> > I've tried 1024x768 and 1280x960. The large ones come from the digicam
> > and are 800-1100K big. But I'll scale them down by hand to 1024x768
> > anyway so I could live with this resolution.
>
> I'm used to test 1600x1200 images; the problem is that I had to resize
> them to 720x576 or similar resolutions.
>
> try to change the resize algorithm (the third parameter in DisplayerTest
> and 5/6 keys in DvbPic) to see if you have a speed increase
With a userfriendly gif the speed is nearly the same, but the quality is
a bit better with b.

A 1024x768 jpeg 24bpp appears with 'a' a bit faster ( 8s vs. 9s).

A 1200x815 jpeg b/w (can jpegs be real b/w? at least it has no color)
appears with 'a' much faster (6s vs. 9s)

The black borders work good although in DvbPic I wasn't able to thange
the borders on left and right by hand. DvbPic seems to scale under any
circumstances to the same proportion. Which value (hor. or ver. border)
will be ignored if it doesn't fit?

On slideshow with DisplayerTest it happens sometimes that the old image
overlaps the new one at the bottom. This problem appears with images
that are displayed with black borders on left and right but not with
fullscreen images (as long as I tested).

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1