[vdr] AW: Other projects?

yes, there are windows based solutions (or better patchwork) for WinTV-pci, thigs that record directly in mpeg1/2 or Divx with softwarecompression (PIII 800 or better)

not so well implemented solutions (like vdr) to record analog tv channels are the WinT-PVR (imho not good) or the Vidac´s Vmagic (only a german solution), they have a build in mpeg2-encoder to record to disk and beside the fact that you still have the same picture quality as analog, you will end up with a mpeg1/2 data stream
(DVB stands for Digial Video Broadcast - means they transmit a mpeg2 datastream that can be directly recorded or decoded to a video-out/TV - its realy comletly different from analog stuff like WinTV-pci)

there is a good c´t (THE german computer magazine) article about a multimedia pc controlled with a IR remote (http://www.heise.de/ct/01/20/146/default.shtml)

just have a look at http://www.showshifter.com/ to get a impression what i mean

> Just curious since I don't have digital cable or anything
> like it, just
> plain tv + cable.
what about a satelite dish?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index