[vdr] Re: new HDD for vdr

Am Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:17:39 schrieb(en) Gerhard Steiner:
> Thanks for that help.
>
> All I want is to use the new HDD as additional space for new
> recordings.
> No movement of old recordings.
>
> I want to use both HDDs for recordings.

So it seems You want to either (1) use RAID or the like or (2) do some
magic.

(1) would mean to modify your whole system.

(2) would mean to for instance move (a) your old /video directory to
/oldvideo, (b) mount your new hd on /video, and (c) symlink all content
from /oldvideo to /video.

For how to set up your disk, I'm currently writing a separate mail, so
wait a few minutes...

Eckard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index