[vdr] Re: Converting multiples files to mpeg2?

Am Montag, 2. September 2002 22:56 schrieb Gregoire Favre:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:55:14PM +0200, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> > cat'ing them together gives a correct stream file, so it should work !
>
> Great!!!
>
> > however, all my efforts to use PVAstrumento with wine resulted in a 2GB
> > File limit in wine :-(
> > I don't know about PVAstrumento, maybe there is a 2GB limit, too ...
>
> Argh, a linux tool would be much better then!!!
>
> > Why not using multiple MPEG Files on your Destination (DVD ?)
> > AFAIK the DVD standard has a 1GB File Limit - or at least all DVD STreams
> > are split into 1GB chunks ...
>
> Because I "only" have CD-R medium (about 0.30 Euro for a 700Mb is just
> perfect...).
Mhhh,

but why do you have problems with 2 GB limit ?

Why not adjusting VDR Settings to create 700MB chunks instead of 2GB ? At
least for the editing process ? Then you will have 700MB *.vdr files which
you can feed seperately to PVAstruemto !
The only drawback is that there maybe lost half a second or so between the CDs
:-(
The other way is to cut the CDs manually with VDR - however you have to guess
which length will fill one CD :-/ But then you can choose cut scenes for CD
changes and maybe choose some overlapping (is that the right word ?)

However, in both cases you don't need PVAstrumento/Wine process files larger
700 MB !?

At least that's how i did it, until i switched over to mencoder to encode
every recording to a convenient cd sized mpeg4 (divx or xvid interlaced)...

Martin.

> Thank you very much,
>
> 	Grégoire
> http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch