[vdr] Some questions about plugin-features of vdr-developer...

Hi list, hi Klaus,

reading the doumentation and sourcecode of the 1.1.8 version of vdr,
I have some questions:

1) I want to develop a plugin to improve the diseqc-support of vdr ...
so I need to extend the functionality of the cDvbDevice-class. My idea
was to use the -D commandline argument to exclude some or all
dvbs-devices being instantiated via the cDvbDevice::Initialize method.
So the plugin can instantiate the free devices as special (from
cDvbDevice-derived) devices.
And now my question: Is this the way it should be done? Or did you
intend another way to implement such a feature?

2) Since there's an entry for diseqc in the sat-channellist, which is
represented as an integer within vdr, is it possible to claim some
ranges of values for such a diseqc-plugin?
I thought about a bigger range (size about 1000 - 10000) and
two little ranges (size about 10-100) for specified diseqc-commands
(bigger range), user defined command-macros (little range) and
satellite-positions (little range, too).

3) If one want to implement a cStatus-derived plugin, which should
display a replay-progress-bar and the replay-state, should the current
replay-progress and replay-mode be retrieved via a continouos calling
of the GetIndex- and GetReplayMode-method of the cControl-
interface? Or will there be additional event-driven methods for the
cStatus-Interface?

TIA and best regards,
Reiner Rosin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index