[vdr] Re: wrong entry in EPG - Update

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 14:04, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > [..]
> > For all that are interested:
> > I've prepared a patch (VDR 1.04) which changes EPG processing so
> > that EPG info from 'actual TS' has priority over EPG info from
> > 'other TS'. EPG data from actual TS is considered 'better' than EPG
> > data from 'other TS'.
> >
> > Therefore, the bogus data for ZDF will be suppressed as soon as you
> > have tuned to the ZDF transponder. If there is no EPG data on the
> > 'actual TS' (e.g. TW1) EPG data from 'other TS' is used. I Think
> > this is the best we can do.
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > -----------------------------------  snip
> > ------------------------------ diff -u vdr-1.0.4/eit.c
> > vdr-1.0.4-patched/eit.c
>
> That's quite a big change. I thought it might be enough to simply
> ignore any EPG records for "other TS" that have a duration of 86400
> seconds. Wouldn't that do pretty much the same thing?

Of course, it would help in this special case.
But there is a general problem if EPG from other and actual TS don't
match (due to a quick change of schedule or whatever):
In this case we have a funny mix of EPG info from other and actual TS.
The patch avoids this by assuming that the 'actual TS' is more
authoritative than 'other TS'.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index