[vdr] Ideas

	Hi you all,

	Yes, my VDR works now. Thank you Klaus and all the others for making
this great and robust software. Actually it's not really difficult to
install, you just have to take the time to read the docs (always like
this!). I will soon make an IR receiver (I'm working on a version with
integrated PIC programmer), then it will be almost perfect...

	My problem now: the channels.conf.cable that I'm using is designed for
Berlin, and I'm in Hamburg. I have to look deeper at dvbtune.

	Another strange thing with 1.1.7: recording is OK, but the OSD becomes
weird (tranparent, or because of the "low disk space", everything
yellow), and I didn't found how to do time-shifting. I will check the
1.1.8 version.

	Some questions or ideas:

	At first, do you know where I can get more infos about the DVB
standard? I know, everything is written in the standard number
I-don't-know-what, but something more intuitive would be preferable,
maybe a book or a simple web-site..

	What about displaying a sound-dependent animation while playing radios
or MP3s?? Like the xmms visualization plugins, but in a simpler form,
such that the MP2 encoding is fast enough. I can imagine some animated
picture where the MP2-squares are just filled with a plain color, and
then changing the color to produce some animation.

	For a real-time mp2 software encoding, which processor power do you
need? Would it be possible to design a frame buffer for the DVB output?

		many thanks

			ben

Home | Main Index | Thread Index