[vdr] Re: channel xx not synch'ed on DVB card 1

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 08:26, Andreas Hug wrote:
> When I start the vdr I get in the /etc/var/log/messages the following
> errors:
>
> Error: channel xx not synch'ed on DVB card 1! panic level 0
>
> After a few hours (und rising panic level 0,1,...9):
>
> Error: channel xx not synch'ed on DVB card 1! panic level 10
> Error: max panic level exceeded initializing emergency exit
> emergency exit requested - shutting down
>
> Why does this happen?

Seems that the antenna signal on your second card is a bit weak so
VDR can't tune into the channel, your first card is tuned to ?

> What can be done to avoid this shut down?

*very* good question ;)

> I just deleted the channel von channels.conf but I think this is not the
> only way....

I have this "error" every now and then, too. I'd have to delete all my
channels then, no that couldn't be the way. Chances for the error to
occur are rising with every DVB-card you add to your system. This is
especially "nice" if you are recording something and VDR restarts, just
because it can't tune into a certain channel on *one* card. All your
recordings are (at least) interrupted and therefore mostly unusable... :(

> Thanks for help
>
> Andi

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de