[vdr] Re: RGB output pictures

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> I've taken a RS-232 connector-cable used with AT-boards. I just put the
> 10-pin female connector onto the DVB-S and screwed the SUB-D9-connector into
> my housing. Then I've taken a scart cable, cutted off one scart-connector

many thanks to all who wrote and replied me; my ideas are much more
clear now.

A little problem remains: I'd like to build a cable I can Interchange
between DVB card and the MATROX g400max card, so I will be able to xmame
on TV for example.

Matrox has a 15pin output; I still have to find the exact pin-out for a
RGB scart cable. However I have two possibilities:

1) put a 5x2 flatcable connector to the dvb card and a 15 pin 'to be
soldered' female connector as the rgb output on the case; then build a
scart cable with a 15 pin male connector to be used either with matrox
or dvb;

2) build the exact same solution as you, Rene, I already have few
suitable serial cables, and build a sort of 15 to 9 connector for the
matrox.

I hope I've explained myself; however I can't choose between the two
options...! Do you have any advice?

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index