[vdr] Re: RGB output pictures

Am Mittwoch, 4. September 2002 10:27 schrieben Sie:
> Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > I've taken a RS-232 connector-cable used with AT-boards. I just put
> > the 10-pin female connector onto the DVB-S and screwed the
> > SUB-D9-connector into my housing. Then I've taken a scart cable,
> > cutted off one scart-connector
>
> many thanks to all who wrote and replied me; my ideas are much more
> clear now.
>
> A little problem remains: I'd like to build a cable I can Interchange
> between DVB card and the MATROX g400max card, so I will be able to xmame
> on TV for example.
>
> Matrox has a 15pin output; I still have to find the exact pin-out for a
> RGB scart cable. However I have two possibilities:
>
> 1) put a 5x2 flatcable connector to the dvb card and a 15 pin 'to be
> soldered' female connector as the rgb output on the case; then build a
> scart cable with a 15 pin male connector to be used either with matrox
> or dvb;
>
> 2) build the exact same solution as you, Rene, I already have few
> suitable serial cables, and build a sort of 15 to 9 connector for the
> matrox.
>
> I hope I've explained myself; however I can't choose between the two
> options...! Do you have any advice?

Well it probably has a normal VGA connector, well you could buildt either
a little external box switching the signals or an internal one. A simple
relay connected to the parallel port over a transistor should be fine.
(you'll also need a resistor and a diode) Relays should work best, but
they are a bit expensive.

> bye
> as

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index