[vdr] OT: Best Sat equipment fo Astra

Hi @ll DVB-S users,
some of you might know, that I am a cable guy.
Now that's about to change once and for all (******* Telekom).

My question to the community is:
What's the best equiment for Astra (19.2E) with let's say about 4 receivers/DVB-S.

What noise level and gain for the LNB is o.k. ?
What gain should the dish have ?
What's the advantage of alu over steel dish ?
How to distinguish cheap stuff from good but inexpensive Equipment ?

I was thinking about a 80cm offset dish with quad LNB.
I don't know anything about the pros and cons of internal switches vs. seperate switches (except for the additional analog terrestrial feed).
What would be an acceptable dampining within an external switch ?

Is there any equipment out there that the driver cannot deal with ?

Many thx in advance,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index