[vdr] Re: OT: Best Sat equipment fo Astra

get just a unversal LNB with a noise figure around 0.7dB or less
Dish size is not that important on Astra, a 60cm dish will do it's job
but I have to admit that , at heavy rains my 80 cm metal dish lost the
connection.
I have a 1.2M now and still not lost a connection, also during very
heavy rains.
Steel can rust, aluminium not so in that prespective, alu is better.
Unfortunatly, aluminium's temperature coeëficient ain't so good as
steel.
There are also polyester dishes with thin metal layer in it but they are
more
expensive.

The setup :

You need one LNB if you only point at astra 19°E.
The LNB sends the  entire band to the receiver, so.. split the signal
to the 4 individual receivers. It's cheaper then the quad solution.
Avoid any switch, it just can cause trouble.

Oh and, there is no 'best', but just make the best of it :-)