[vdr] Re: fonts

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Actually the large center part of the OSD has 2 bpp.

mh... I didn't explained well.

How many colors are avaiable at a time on a OSD page? let's call this n,
and I think to understand we have n=4 (2bpp).

Now each character is coded in a bitmap that can contain 1 or 0: if it's
0 the background color will be used, if it's 1 the foreground. We can
choose bkg and frg from those n (4) colors.

To have antialiasing for the fonts we should have few different degrees
of the foreground color when we render a character; for subpixel
rendering we should have direct access to each rgb component of the pixel.

> OSD memory is ************EXTREMELY************** limited.
> You won't be able to use a decent sized OSD with even 4bpp.

mh...
in another post you say they only put 2MB (so much? is it perhaps Mbits?
2MB would be enough to have a 800x600 true color display) on the board.
Is there a DVB-board hacker that can find out if we can change the
memory modules to relase the full potential of the board?

bye
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index