[vdr] Re: fonts

Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> in another post you say they only put 2MB (so much? is it perhaps Mbits?
> 2MB would be enough to have a 800x600 true color display) on the board.
> Is there a DVB-board hacker that can find out if we can change the
> memory modules to relase the full potential of the board?

IIRC that has been done.
Wasn't there a post a long time ago from somebody who has soldered
the additional memory onto the board?
I have not followed that closely - I have never done SMD soldering,
so for my humble talents it seemed a bit adventurous.

I wonder if the firmware will use the additional memory automatically
if it is there? Does that mean all the glitches and maybe even some
of the ARM crashes will go away while at the same time we will have
a full screen OSD with some more colors?

If somebody who is an experienced SMD solderer would do the upgrades
as an affordable service to list subscribers and the answer to the
above questsions is yes, I'd send him my board for an upgrade.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index