[vdr] Re: buffer usage: 100%

> Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M wrote:
> >>At around line 58 (vdr-1.0.4) there is
> >>#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(1)
> >>
> >>Change it to
> >>#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(10)
> > But be aware that with the current production release
> (1.0.x) of vdr the
> > larger buffer will result in a premature end of replay (8MB
> is about 1
> > Minute).
> > This has been fixed in the 1.1.8
> With 500 KB/s 8MB is around 16 second, if I'm not calculating wrong...

That has nothing to do with calculating. It depends on the datarate and
experiments yield
1MB is approx. 1  second
4MB is approx. 10 seconds
8MB is approx. 60 seconds

CU,
Christian.

PS: I fixed my 1.0.4 by introdrucing a seperate REPLAYBUFSIZE with a small
size. This not only saves RAM but also eliminates the premature ending of a
replay.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index