[vdr] Re: problems with making DVD-plugin

vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 09.09.02 14:50:39:
> On Monday 09 September 2002 08:13, Matthias Raus wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks a lot for your help, Andreas. I tried both the 1.1.8 patched with
> > several versions and the 1.1.9 without patch with version 0.0.9 of the
> > dvd-plugin. Now, the plugin seems to be compiled cleanly, I get no errors
> > or warnings. Nevertheless, it does not work! In both cases, I receive the
> > same message:
> >
> > make clean
> > make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 DJBFFT=1
>
> You are using DJBFFT=1 only to compile vdr, not for the plugin. From the error
> is would assume that you build build liba52 with the optional libdjbfft
> support. liba52 is only used by the dvd plugin, you therefor do not need to
> compile vdr itself with this parameter only the plugins.
>
> I would suggest to build vdr always like this:
>
> make clean
> make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 DJBFFT=1 all plugins
>
> For anybody else: The DJBFFT parameter is only to be used when liba52 has been
> build with libdjbfft support and is then required for "make plugins".
>
> > make plugins
> > ./vdr -Pdvd
> > vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-dvd.so.1.1.9: undefined symbol: ffc4_un128
> >
> > I do not know how to interpret this message. It occurs in all versions of
> > the plugin. What could be wrong in my installation? (All other plugins are
> > working)
> >
> > Matthias
> >
> > PS.: I think this plugin doesn't like me much...
>
> I'm absolutly positive that it does not hate you, it only and unfortunalty has
> some preconditions that can not be checked at compile time.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thank you very much for your competent help. You were absolutely right in your assumption that liba52 is the source of the error. With your installation method, the DVD works absolutely fine now.

Thanks a lot

Matthias

PS.: In the end it does like me...!
Die clevere Geldreserve: der DiBa-Privatkredit. Funktioniert wie ein Dispo,
ist aber viel günstiger! Alle Infos: http://diba.web.de/?mc=021104

Home | Main Index | Thread Index