[vdr] Re: problems with making DVD-plugin

On Monday 09 September 2002 08:13, Matthias Raus wrote:

[...]

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot for your help, Andreas. I tried both the 1.1.8 patched with
> several versions and the 1.1.9 without patch with version 0.0.9 of the
> dvd-plugin. Now, the plugin seems to be compiled cleanly, I get no errors
> or warnings. Nevertheless, it does not work! In both cases, I receive the
> same message:
>
> make clean
> make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 DJBFFT=1

You are using DJBFFT=1 only to compile vdr, not for the plugin. From the error
is would assume that you build build liba52 with the optional libdjbfft
support. liba52 is only used by the dvd plugin, you therefor do not need to
compile vdr itself with this parameter only the plugins.

I would suggest to build vdr always like this:

make clean
make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 DJBFFT=1 all plugins

For anybody else: The DJBFFT parameter is only to be used when liba52 has been
build with libdjbfft support and is then required for "make plugins".

> make plugins
> ./vdr -Pdvd
> vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-dvd.so.1.1.9: undefined symbol: ffc4_un128
>
> I do not know how to interpret this message. It occurs in all versions of
> the plugin. What could be wrong in my installation? (All other plugins are
> working)
>
> Matthias
>
> PS.: I think this plugin doesn't like me much...

I'm absolutly positive that it does not hate you, it only and unfortunalty has
some preconditions that can not be checked at compile time.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index