[vdr] Re: shutdown via vdradmin and wish for timer

It is quite simple.

There is a little script called svdrpsend.pl

use
svdrpsend.pl hitk power
to simulate the power button.

To make this call automatically start vdr with command line
option -r
to start a script after ending a recording.

Within this script there is a block titled
  edited)

Add your svdrpsend command there and after each recording
you will get a question on the OSD to really shut down your
computer.

See hubertus sandmans homepage for details:
http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/

Gerhard

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:14:25 +0200
 <sven.soltau@web.de> wrote:
> Hallo together.
> I have built up a local network with two computers (letīs
> say the server with vdr ans a client).
> Everthing works fine. I can power up the server from my
> client and with vdradmin I am able to add timers. But
> there is one thing I am missing (or I havenīt found it).
> I cannot shutdown the server via network from my local
> pc.
> Is it possible to shutdown a computer in a local network
> with vdradmin or any other tool?
>
> Another problem with timer.
> I set min event timeout to 30 and min user inactivity to
> 120.
> When I use a timer my vdr starts recording with a margin
> start time from 2 minutes and a margin stop time from 10
> minutes.
> After the recording the vdr has to wait for 120 minutes
> and then vdr can shutdown the pc.
> I would prefer a parameter in programming the timer (for
> example: shutdown after record: on/off), so that the vdr
> can shutdown just after the record has finished (before
> shutdown starts, vdr checks min event timeout and - like
> hit the power key - shows on screen a power down message.
> The user has the possibility to stop it with any key).
> Mayby in setup record there could be a further parameter
> where the user can set the default value for shutdown
> after record.
>
> What do you think?
> CU
> Sven
> WEB.DE Club - jetzt testen für 1 Euro! Nutzen Sie Ihre
> Chance
> unter https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/?mc=021105

Das ist ein Service von austria.com

Home | Main Index | Thread Index