[vdr] Re: Strange EPG on VOX??

Steffen Koch wrote:

> VOX has a really strange EPG atm.
> They are displaying the year and the episode number of a series. e.g.:
> "vdr[13929]: creating directory
> /video1/Serien/Mick/Ally_McBeal/(USA,_1997_55^A)_"Engel_und_Himmelsboote
> "._Als_Ally_Dr._Greg_Butters_im_Krankenhaus_besucht,_lernt_sie_den_klein
> en,_leukämiekranken_Eric_und_seine_Mutter_kennen./2002-09-10.22:05.50.50
> .rec"
>
> Is it possible for VDR to handle these entries as before??
> So, just put the description into the description and leave the series
> title as it shoul be.

We could implement yet another EPG bugfix. But I guess it would be better
if somebody contacted VOX and told them to get their data straight.
I believe somebody on the list recently wrote that he had a contact
at VOX?!

They should learn how to set title, episode name and extended description
right - I really wonder what's so difficult about that...

As an example (in case somebody from VOX is reading this):

Tue Sep 10, 22:10:

      Ally McBeal
      (USA, 1997 55') "Wunschlos unglücklich". Ally und Larry sehen Elaine knutschend mit einem
      Mann, der offensichtlich nicht ihr Freund Mark ist. Elaine gesteht Ally am nächsten Tag,
      dass sie im Laufe der Nacht wohl auch Sex hatte.

Here

      Ally McBeal

is the title (ok, you got that one right),

      Wunschlos unglücklich

is the episode name and

      Ally und Larry sehen Elaine knutschend...

is the extended description.

      (USA, 1997 55')

could IMHO be added to the end of the extended description. There is no need
for the "55'", since that's already stored in the duration of the event.
So a correct record for this event would be

Title:                Ally McBeal
Episode:              Wunschlos unglücklich
Extendes description: Ally und Larry sehen Elaine knutschend...(USA, 1997 55')

Note that there whould not be any quotes around the episode name (unless they are
really part of the episode name). Apparently VOX stuffs all the data into the
episode name, leaving the extended description empty.

Klaus