[vdr] Re: Strange EPG on VOX??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thilo Wunderlich" <vdr@speedway.org>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 9:08 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Strange EPG on VOX??

> > display accordingly? (Get rid of 'Programmes allemandes')
>
> I would like to write to the french tv station and kick ^H^H^H talk to
> them, anyone got a good address for it?
>
> Thilo

Hi,

The transponder 90 of Astra is managed by Canal Satellite.

I have found two addresses :

19/25 rue Leblanc, 75906 Paris cedex 15, France
and
Espace Lumière, 5/13 boulevard de la République, 92100 Boulogne Billancourt,
France

Telephone: +33 (0) 1 44 25 10 00
Web Site : www.canalsatellite.fr

Technically, the problem is that they are duplicating the EPG infos :
- they use a proprietary EPG format for the receivers they are providing to
their customers
- they transcode the previous stream to standard EPG format for the
customers that are using other receivers.

The proprietary EPG stream is sent in local time, that is why until this
year, the standard EPG stream was also sent in local time (see the mailing
list archives).

The Canal Satellite receivers are not able to receive standard EPG , that is
why for some channels such as ZDF, they send "Programmes Allemands" (that
means "German Programs").

I think a simple solution to solve the problem should be that they send this
information only in the proprietary EPG stream.

Jean-Claude

Home | Main Index | Thread Index