[vdr] Re: Strange EPG on VOX??

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > ETR 211 (Guidelines on implementation and usage of Service
> > [...]
> > According to this text, the Extended event descriptor is completely
> > optional and it's ok to put the description into the Short event
> > descriptor as long as it fits into a single descriptor.
>
> It may be "ok", but IMHO it's not what the viewer really wants.
> Most stations use the three text fields as one would reasonably
> assume they should be used, so why does VOX think they have to
> do it differently?
>
> Those VOX people are really funny guys. First they have no EPG data
> and then they do it wrong...
>
> If they don't change this until the weekend, I'll add another EPG
> bugfix that sorts this out.

Who cares about what the viewer wants?
Very often I have to look into the good old teletext because there is
more program information than in the EPG. That's not what I want.

My experience with standards is that they leave a lot of room for
interpretation. There is always someone who gets it wrong...

Everyone who tried to implement some standard made this experience.
You always have to cope with these nasty things. Sad but true.
But I'm getting off-topic.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index