[vdr] Re: AW: VDR newsreader?

vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 11.09.02 11:22:22:
> > Hi,
> >
> > an idea came to my mind yesterday: With all the features VDR has now, one
> could implement a kind of
> > newsreader in VDR. A script could establish a connection to one of the
> great newspapers which supply their
> > data online, store these data and disconnect. You could then read all the
> news on your TV screen...
> > What do you think of this idea (it's only an idea up to now...)?
>
> you can try to put something like
> Heise News:lynx -dump www.heise.de
> in your commands.conf
>
> Roland

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Your idea works quite well; now I want to know how to establish and disconnect the connection to the internet automatically. Normally, I connect with "iup" and disconnect with "idown". Which commands can build up the connection, wait until a connection exists, then wait until the news data are stored, and the disconnect. As a linux beginner, unfortunatelythis exceeds my horizon...

Matthias

WEB.DE MyPage - Ultimatives Kommunikationstool! Ihre Message sofort
online! Domain aenderbar! http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index